USD to ZAR exchange rates
Convert US dollars to South African rands. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Market Rate 15.6984
USD/ZAR currency chart: 1.00 USD = 15.6817 ZAR
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The rand (ZAR) arrived in 1961, the same year that South Africa became an official Republic. There are 100 cents to every rand, however the 1 and 2 cent coins have fallen out of use due to inflation.
- Currency Name: South African rand
- Currency Code: ZAR
- Currency Symbol: R
- Central Bank: South African Reserve Bank
- Reserve Currency: The South African Rand is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The South African Rand is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In:
- Major Unit: One South African Rand
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per South African Rand: 100
- Note Denominations: R 10, R 20, R 50, R 100, R 200
- Coin Denominations: 10c, 20c, 50c, R 1, R 2, R 5
Previous USD to ZAR Exchange Rates
USD to ZAR historical rates
|December 31, 2021||15.891649|
|January 31, 2022||15.490106|
|February 28, 2022||15.223071|
|March 31, 2022||14.966421|
|April 30, 2022||15.022969|
|May 25, 2022||15.988549|