Download Currency Outlook
Download the 1-page overview to find out from our OFXperts what to watch for key currencies.
The key FX market drivers in August could be:
- Data around economic growth, such as manufacturing and services data or consumer and business sentiment, that could escalate concerns that the global economy will tip into recession
- Inflation data (CPI), as an indication of future pace of rate hike cycles
- Commentary from US Federal Reserve policymakers at the Jackson Hole Symposium
- Shifting risk sentiment, as recession and geopolitical risks heighten or recede
Euro falls to parity against US dollar, what’s next?
Read the monthly currency news from the OFX currency specialists and keep informed on the macroeconomics of future currency movements in the coming month.
Currency Outlook archive
- July 2022 – FX volatility ahead as central banks walk tightrope
- June 2022 – Currencies and the race to hike rates
- May 2022 – China’s COVID lockdown ripples through financial markets
- April 2022 – Commodity price chaos
- March 2022 – Geopolitical shocks and currencies
- February 2022 – How treasury bonds and interest rate changes impact currencies
- December 2021 – Omicron brings uncertainty back into currency markets
- November 2021 – Supply chains, inflation and the currency market
- October 2021 – News and currency moves: 3 events to watch in October
- September 2021 – Fed’s go-slow approach likely to keep USD weaker, for now
- August 2021 – 3 key factors that move exchange rates
- July 2021 – Fedspeak: Why US central bank commentary moves currency markets
- June 2021 – Prices on the rise
- May 2021 – Vaccine rollouts and currency movements
- May 2021 – Making sense of cryptocurrencies
- April 2021 – Why inflation’s return has financial markets on edge
- March 2021 – Risky returns or safe havens
- February 2021 – USDemand: the end of the dollar’s dip?
- December 2020 – what the FX next? Currencies in 2021
- November 2020 – What the FX: Currency markets ride the election wave
- October 2020 – Bracing for Brexit
- October 2020 – 3 steps to prepare for currency volatility
- October 2020 – Votes and volatility
- September 2020 – Stocks, shocks, and currencies
- September 2020 – Euro inflows
- July 2020 – Countdown to the US election
- July 2020 – The flight to safety
- July 2020 – Is a financial crisis ever unprecedented?
- July 2020 – Business as usual