USD to ZAR exchange rates
Convert US dollars to South African rands. Get great foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Nov 30, 2023, 2:32 PM (CUT)
1 US dollar = 18.824900 South African rand
Inverse rate 0.053121
USD/ZAR currency chart: 1.00 USD = 18.8589 ZAR
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the USA, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency Name: US dollar
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Symbol: $ or US$
- Central Bank: Federal Reserve
- Reserve Currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: United States
- Major Unit: One United States dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per United States dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
The rand (ZAR) arrived in 1961, the same year that South Africa became an official Republic. There are 100 cents to every rand, however the 1 and 2 cent coins have fallen out of use due to inflation.
- Currency Name: South African rand
- Currency Code: ZAR
- Currency Symbol: R
- Central Bank: South African Reserve Bank
- Reserve Currency: The South African Rand is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The South African Rand is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: South Africa
- Major Unit: One South African Rand
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per South African Rand: 100
- Note Denominations: R 10, R 20, R 50, R 100, R 200
- Coin Denominations: 10c, 20c, 50c, R 1, R 2, R 5
Previous USD to ZAR Exchange Rates
USD to ZAR historical rates
|December 31, 2022||17.292438|
|January 31, 2023||17.089958|
|February 28, 2023||17.933766|
|March 31, 2023||18.288428|
|April 30, 2023||18.165036|
|May 31, 2023||19.098653|
|June 30, 2023||18.740378|
|July 31, 2023||18.192913|
|August 31, 2023||18.777843|
|September 30, 2023||18.96117|
|October 31, 2023||19.002605|
|November 30, 2023||18.528137|