AUD to ZAR exchange rates
Convert Australian dollars to South African rands. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Dec 5, 2023, 1:13 PM (CUT)
1 Australian dollar = 12.401818 South African rand
Inverse rate 0.080633
AUD/ZAR currency chart: 1.00 AUD = 12.3626 ZAR
Read today’s Australian dollar currency update
Read the daily AUD update from the currency specialists at OFX and get the latest on market movements and today’s expected ranges of the major currency pairs.
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The rand (ZAR) arrived in 1961, the same year that South Africa became an official Republic. There are 100 cents to every rand, however the 1 and 2 cent coins have fallen out of use due to inflation.
- Currency Name: South African rand
- Currency Code: ZAR
- Currency Symbol: R
- Central Bank: South African Reserve Bank
- Reserve Currency: The South African Rand is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The South African Rand is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: South Africa
- Major Unit: One South African Rand
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per South African Rand: 100
- Note Denominations: R 10, R 20, R 50, R 100, R 200
- Coin Denominations: 10c, 20c, 50c, R 1, R 2, R 5
Previous AUD to ZAR Exchange Rates
AUD to ZAR historical rates
|July 31, 2023||12.241492|
|August 31, 2023||12.17008|
|September 30, 2023||12.184255|
|October 31, 2023||12.056625|
|November 30, 2023||12.049746|
|December 4, 2023||12.427034|