Bring more of your money home when selling across borders
See how OFX uses new technology and our large global bank network to help you save on every overseas payment or receivable.
We know there's far more to think about when starting or expanding your online business than foreign exchange. We've had every question you can think of - so we've started joining forces with our partners in the eCommerce ecosystem to help address some of the most common. There's lots more to come too, so don't forget to check back soon!
*Average savings based on a sample of published transaction fees for cross border payments provided by Amazon and PayPal dated 8.24.16. Quoted savings are not indicative of future savings. .
OFX offers local bank accounts in today’s most profitable international markets.
We'll give you a local currency account in USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD and HKD allowing you to save significantly on transaction fees and margins when bringing your revenue home from international marketplaces.
...and many more!
How it works
Create an account
Our account opening process is fast and simple so you can quickly get back to your day. Just fill in a few details and an OFX team member will call you to complete setup.
Receive account details
Provide your new OFX account number to your online marketplace and start receiving sale proceeds directly into the account.
You decide when to convert your proceeds back to your home currency or set up automatic transfers. To stay in the loop, track your transfers and check balances online.
No OFX Fees*
Save on fees. It’s free to sign up and OFX charges no fees to transfer your funds.
Get approved within 4 business days and expand to new markets with one phone call.
*Occasionally, third-party banks may deduct a fee from your transfer before paying your recipient. This fee may vary and OFX receives no portion of it.
Pricing & Fees
to open an Online Seller account with OFX.
to expand to new markets with additional accounts.
monthly maintenance and 24/7 support.
1.5% (or less)
above the daily market exchange rate to transfer foreign currencies into your domestic bank account.
(depending on the amount transferred)
Call today to learn how to use OFX to pay suppliers. Same currency cross border payments? Yes, you can.
Transfer your money at the rate you want. With OFX, you won’t miss out if your target rate is reached overnight or while you’re busy.
We’re listening. Tell us about your business and we’ll help you create a custom currency strategy to simplify your global money transfers.
Frequently asked questions
Creating an account can be done in 3 simple steps:
- Register: click ‘Register’ in the top right corner and fill in your details. There are no setup fees or monthly account fees.
- We’ll call you: After you have registered for an account, we will call you to complete the registration. We will ask you some basic questions including which currencies you want your receiving account to accept.
- Verification & Receiving Account Opening: To verify your account, we will request some documentation. During the call, we will tell you which documents we require and direct you to our Secure Site to send them directly to the relevant team.
Please note, OFX accounts are normally approved within 4 business days. Following this, your receiving account details should be delivered within 2 business days.
At OFX, we don’t charge setup fees or monthly account fees. When you make a transfer with us, we take a small percentage to cover our cost, but this is usually less than what an online marketplace would charge for cross-border payments. With us, there are no outgoing fees in transferring the funds to your home bank account, whereas other providers may charge a fee. Occasionally, third-party banks may deduct a fee from your transfer before paying your recipient bank account. This fee may vary and OFX receives no portion of it.
Once you have received your receiving account details by email, upload or send these details to the marketplace. Once you have done this, you can transfer:
- Initiate payment: From your marketplace account, send the money to your new OFX receiving account. Delivery times may differ by marketplace and the foreign currency you are sending. Amazon sellers will usually find it takes 2-4 business days for the funds to appear in the receiving account.
- Once you have initiated payment of the foreign currency from your marketplace account to your OFX receiving account, log into your OFX account online and book the transfer with us.
- As soon as the funds appear in your receiving account, you will be notified by email. They foreign currency will then be automatically forwarded to your designated home bank account.
If you want greater flexibility over when the foreign currency is sent from your receiving account to your domestic account, please let us known during the set up process or afterwards. You can contact us 24/7.
Our receiving accounts accept payments from some of the world’s largest online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, PriceMinister.com, Newegg, Buy.com, Game, Wish.com, CDiscount.com, Rue du Commerce and Shop.com.
If your marketplace is not listed here, ask your OFX account representative or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always adding to our list of approved marketplaces.
49 Stevenson St
60 Margaret St
85 Gracechurch St
100 Queens Road,
Central, Hong Kong
145 King St West
Level 27, PWC Tower
188 Quay St