AUD to GBP exchange rates
Convert Australian dollars to British pounds sterling. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Nov 29, 2023, 3:30 PM (CUT)
1 Australian dollar = 0.521325 British pound sterling
Inverse rate 1.918190
AUD/GBP currency chart: 1.00 AUD = 0.5219 GBP
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The Australian dollar is the official currency of Australia, including its external territories: Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, and Norfolk Island. It is officially used as currency by three independent Pacific Island states: Kiribati, Nauru, and Tuvalu. It is legal tender in Australia.
- Currency Name: Australian dollar
- Currency Code: AUD
- Currency Symbol: $ or A$
- Central Bank: Reserve Bank of Australia
- Reserve Currency: The Australian dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Australian dollar is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Australia
- Major Unit: One Australian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Australian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
Previous AUD to GBP Exchange Rates
AUD to GBP historical rates
|December 31, 2022||0.554217|
|January 31, 2023||0.568261|
|February 28, 2023||0.570596|
|March 31, 2023||0.550168|
|April 30, 2023||0.536934|
|May 31, 2023||0.532239|
|June 30, 2023||0.531835|
|July 31, 2023||0.522671|
|August 31, 2023||0.510216|
|September 30, 2023||0.518622|
|October 31, 2023||0.521356|
|November 28, 2023||0.523099|