GBP to AUD exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to Australian dollars. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Oct 5, 2023, 2:50 AM (CUT)
1 British pound sterling = 1.911145 Australian dollar
Inverse rate 0.523247
GBP/AUD currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 1.9194 AUD
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The Australian dollar is the official currency of Australia, including its external territories: Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, and Norfolk Island. It is officially used as currency by three independent Pacific Island states: Kiribati, Nauru, and Tuvalu. It is legal tender in Australia.
- Currency Name: Australian dollar
- Currency Code: AUD
- Currency Symbol: $ or A$
- Central Bank: Reserve Bank of Australia
- Reserve Currency: The Australian dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Australian dollar is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Australia
- Major Unit: One Australian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Australian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2
Previous GBP to AUD Exchange Rates
GBP to AUD historical rates
|November 30, 2022||1.776867|
|December 31, 2022||1.804453|
|January 31, 2023||1.75985|
|February 28, 2023||1.752705|
|March 31, 2023||1.817924|
|April 30, 2023||1.862598|
|May 31, 2023||1.878937|
|June 30, 2023||1.880462|
|July 31, 2023||1.9133|
|August 31, 2023||1.960128|
|September 30, 2023||1.928466|
|October 4, 2023||1.905792|