Transfer money to Hong Kong from Europe
Wire money to Hong Kong with euros using OFX and get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates.
Market Rate 8.3986
transferred to date
Why choose OFX
- Bank-beating rates: Keep more of your money as it travels around the world
- 50+ currencies: Make transfers to over 170 countries
- 24/7 support: Talk to a real person at any time, day or night
- Easy to use: Check rates, make payments or track wire transfers online or via our app
- Peace of mind: We're ASX-listed and monitored by over 50 state regulators including FinCen
- We know FX: Markets can move, we can help you plan for ups or downs
How to send money to Hong Kong from Europe?
- Gather the relevant banking information of your recipient including the name on the account and bank details.
- Create a free online account with OFX, or login to get a live quote for your money transfer.
- Enter your details and those of your recipient.
- You send the money to us, and we send it to your recipient.
It’s easy and affordable to send money from Europe to Hong Kong using OFX. Even if you’re not ready to transfer funds today, you can sign up now, so your account is active and ready when a great exchange rate comes up.
When sending money from Europe to Hong Kong keep in mind that different tax regulations may apply depending on many factors including:
- how the money is going to be used.
- how much you are sending.
- the source of the funds.
- if the money has been taxed elsewhere.
For example, for tax purposes, supporting family members by paying for living expenses can sometimes be considered different from sending large sums as a gift.
Europe to Hong Kong money transfers - FAQs
Wondering how to send money to Hong Kong from Europe? Use OFX to exchange your euros for Hong Kong dollars, because you’re too smart for your bank. Headquartered in Sydney, with offices around the world, we provide 24-hour access to our highly skilled transfer team.
Is there any limit on how much money I can send to Hong Kong from Europe?
No, OFX works well for both businesses and individuals.
Can I send money from a European bank account to Hong Kong?
Sure. Whether you live in Hong Kong, or Europe, register now to send money to Hong Kong with your European bank account.
Does OFX transfer money to all banks in Hong Kong?
OFX can transfer funds to almost any bank in Hong Kong, including, but not limited to:
- Bank of China
- Hang Seng Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- The Bank of East Asia
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- DBS Bank
Our customer support team will be happy to assist and make sure we can facilitate your transfer to Hong Kong
You can reach our dedicated customer service agents 24/7 (including weekends and most holidays). When others are closed, we’re open - we’re here for you.
When you use OFX, you’ll get fast, efficient service, and we’ll keep you informed of where your money is along the way. For all your overseas payments, OFX is simply smarter.
How can OFX help you manage EUR/HKD exchange rate swings?
Check out our range of ways to send money internationally and risk management strategies and stay in control of your money.
You may also like:
Stay ahead of the game with our currency tools
Stay ahead of USD trends with Currency Outlook
Get our free monthly guide to the US dollar and major currencies for the lowdown on key trends and what to watch, at a glance.
Check our transfer rates
Check out our transfer rates when you wire money with us at bank-beating rates
Set an alert to catch the rate you want
Don’t miss the best time to transfer from the USA. Set up a rate alert and relax, knowing that we’ll prompt you to transfer when it hits.
Read the daily update on the US dollar
Real OFX currency experts that monitor the economic environment daily so you don't have to.
Quick, secure, global payments in 50+ currencies from the USA
Send money from Europe to over 170 countries overseas with OFX.
With offices around the world, we're on-hand to answer questions 24/7
1-888-288-7354 (Within USA)
1-888-966-6888 (Within USA)
San Francisco Office Address
49 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA