AUD to ZAR exchange rates
Convert Australian dollars to South African rands. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Oct 3, 2023, 6:47 AM (CUT)
1 Australian dollar = 12.213982 South African rand
Inverse rate 0.081873
AUD/ZAR currency chart: 1.00 AUD = 12.1502 ZAR
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The Australian dollar is the official currency of Australia, including its external territories: Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, and Norfolk Island. It is officially used as currency by three independent Pacific Island states: Kiribati, Nauru, and Tuvalu. It is legal tender in Australia.
- Currency Name: Australian dollar
- Currency Code: AUD
- Currency Symbol: $ or A$
- Central Bank: Reserve Bank of Australia
- Reserve Currency: The Australian dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Australian dollar is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Australia
- Major Unit: One Australian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Australian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2
The rand (ZAR) arrived in 1961, the same year that South Africa became an official Republic. There are 100 cents to every rand, however the 1 and 2 cent coins have fallen out of use due to inflation.
- Currency Name: South African rand
- Currency Code: ZAR
- Currency Symbol: R
- Central Bank: South African Reserve Bank
- Reserve Currency: The South African Rand is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The South African Rand is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: South Africa
- Major Unit: One South African Rand
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per South African Rand: 100
- Note Denominations: R 10, R 20, R 50, R 100, R 200
- Coin Denominations: 10c, 20c, 50c, R 1, R 2, R 5
Previous AUD to ZAR Exchange Rates
AUD to ZAR historical rates
|November 30, 2022||11.534185|
|December 31, 2022||11.667923|
|January 31, 2023||11.881337|
|February 28, 2023||12.339861|
|March 31, 2023||12.206786|
|April 30, 2023||12.138876|
|May 31, 2023||12.679819|
|June 30, 2023||12.591598|
|July 31, 2023||12.241492|
|August 31, 2023||12.17008|
|September 30, 2023||12.184255|
|October 2, 2023||12.193897|
Send money to over 170 countries
More AUD exchange rates
With offices around the world, we're on-hand to answer questions 24/7
1-888-288-7354 (Within USA)
1-888-966-6888 (Within USA)
San Francisco Office Address
49 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA