CHF to ZAR exchange rates
Convert Swiss francs to South African rands. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Market Rate 18.2272
CHF/ZAR currency chart: 1.00 CHF = 18.2272 ZAR
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The Swiss franc is the primary currency and legal tender of Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and the Italian exclave of Campione d'Italia. The Swiss National Bank issues banknotes and the federal mint Swiss mint issues coins.
- Currency Name: Swiss franc
- Currency Code: CHF
- Currency Symbol: CHf or Fr., SFr.
- Central Bank: Swiss National Bank
- Reserve Currency: The Swiss franc is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Swiss franc is considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Switzerland
- Major Unit: One Swiss franc
- Minor Unit: One centime
- Centimes per Swiss franc: 100
- Note Denominations: 10 francs, 20 francs, 50 francs, 100 francs, 200 francs, 1000 francs,
- Coin Denominations: 5 centimes, 10 centimes, 20 centimes, 1 ⁄ 2 francs, 1 francs, 2 francs, 5 francs,
The rand (ZAR) arrived in 1961, the same year that South Africa became an official Republic. There are 100 cents to every rand, however the 1 and 2 cent coins have fallen out of use due to inflation.
- Currency Name: South African rand
- Currency Code: ZAR
- Currency Symbol: R
- Central Bank: South African Reserve Bank
- Reserve Currency: The South African Rand is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The South African Rand is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: South Africa
- Major Unit: One South African Rand
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per South African Rand: 100
- Note Denominations: R 10, R 20, R 50, R 100, R 200
- Coin Denominations: 10c, 20c, 50c, R 1, R 2, R 5
Previous CHF to ZAR Exchange Rates
CHF to ZAR historical rates
|November 30, 2021||16.870506|
|December 31, 2021||17.26325|
|January 31, 2022||16.865933|
|February 28, 2022||16.491416|
|March 31, 2022||16.107797|
|April 30, 2022||15.883559|
|May 31, 2022||16.2316|
|June 30, 2022||16.312406|
|July 31, 2022||17.360275|
|August 31, 2022||17.44926|
|September 30, 2022||18.072489|