USD to CAD historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of US dollar to Canadian dollar exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
USD to CAD historical rates
|April 30, 2023||1.3521|
|May 31, 2023||1.352948|
|June 30, 2023||1.329172|
|July 31, 2023||1.322483|
|August 31, 2023||1.34841|
|September 27, 2023||1.354644|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
"*" indicates required fields
Ready to make a transfer? Sign up in less than 5 minutes.
- Currency name: United States dollar
- Currency code: USD
- Currency symbol: $, US$
- Central bank: Federal Reserve
- Central bank website: https://www.federalreserve.gov/
- Reserve currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries used in: United States
- Major unit: One United States dollar
- Minor unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per United States dollar: 100
- Note denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the USA, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency name: Canadian dollar
- Currency code: CAD
- Currency symbol: $, C$, Can$, CA$ or CAD
- Central bank: Bank of Canada
- Central bank website: https://www.bankofcanada.ca/
- Reserve currency: The Canadian dollar is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The Canadian dollar is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries used in: Canada
- Major unit: One Canadian dollar
- Minor unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per Canadian dollar: 100
- Note denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, $1, $2
The Canadian dollar is the currency of Canada. It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or sometimes CA$, CAD$ or C$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies. It is divided into 100 cents.
With offices around the world, we’re on-hand to answer questions 24/7
1-888-288-7354 (Within USA)
1-888-966-6888 (Within USA)
San Francisco Office Address
49 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA