CAD to USD historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of Canadian dollar to US dollar exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
CAD to USD historical rates
|December 31, 2021||0.781576|
|January 31, 2022||0.792128|
|February 28, 2022||0.786002|
|March 31, 2022||0.790251|
|April 30, 2022||0.791435|
|May 25, 2022||0.776393|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
Ready to make a transfer?
Register in less than five minutes.
The Canadian dollar is the currency of Canada. It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or sometimes CA$, CAD$ or C$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies. It is divided into 100 cents.
- Currency Name: Canadian dollar
- Currency Code: CAD
- Currency Symbol: $, C$, Can$, CA$ or CAD
- Central Bank: Bank of Canada
- Reserve Currency: The Canadian dollar is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Canadian dollar is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries Used In: Canada
- Major Unit: One Canadian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per Canadian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, $1, $2
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the United States, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency Name: United States dollar
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Symbol: $, US$
- Central Bank: Federal Reserve
- Reserve Currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries Used In: United States
- Major Unit: One United States dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per United States dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
With offices around the world, we’re on-hand to answer questions 24/7
1-888-288-7354 (Within USA)
1-888-966-6888 (Within USA)
San Francisco Office Address
49 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA