GBP to CAD exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to Canadian dollars. Get great foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Market Rate 1.5366
GBP/CAD currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 1.5368 CAD
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The Canadian dollar is the currency of Canada. It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or sometimes CA$, CAD$ or C$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies. It is divided into 100 cents.
- Currency Name: Canadian dollar
- Currency Code: CAD
- Currency Symbol: $ or C$, Can$, CA$ or CAD
- Central Bank: Bank of Canada
- Reserve Currency: The Canadian dollar is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Canadian dollar is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Canada
- Major Unit: One Canadian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Canadian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, $1, $2
Previous GBP to CAD Exchange Rates
GBP to CAD historical rates
|November 30, 2021||1.691618|
|December 31, 2021||1.703351|
|January 31, 2022||1.711572|
|February 28, 2022||1.722327|
|March 31, 2022||1.665921|
|April 30, 2022||1.634366|
|May 31, 2022||1.59878|
|June 30, 2022||1.578663|
|July 31, 2022||1.552227|
|August 31, 2022||1.546964|
|September 30, 2022||1.508346|