AED to GBP exchange rates
Convert UAE dirhams to British pounds sterling. Get great foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Market Rate 0.2209
AED/GBP currency chart: 1.00 AED = 0.2207 GBP
Register in less than 5 minutes
The United Arab Emirates dirham began circulation in 1973 and gets its name from the word ‘Drachmae’, which translates from Greek to English as ‘handful’.
- Currency Name: UAE dirham
- Currency Code: AED
- Currency Symbol: د.إ
- Central Bank: Central Bank of the U.A.E.
- Reserve Currency: The UAE Dirham is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The UAE Dirham is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: United Arab Emirates
- Major Unit: One UAE Dirham
- Minor Unit: One fil
- Fils per UAE Dirham: 100
- Note Denominations: 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 dirhams
- Coin Denominations: 5, 10 fils
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
Previous AED to GBP Exchange Rates
AED to GBP historical rates
|January 31, 2022||0.200847|
|February 28, 2022||0.201117|
|March 31, 2022||0.206824|
|April 30, 2022||0.210519|
|May 31, 2022||0.218794|
|June 30, 2022||0.22104|
|July 31, 2022||0.226871|
|August 31, 2022||0.227449|
|September 30, 2022||0.240602|
|October 31, 2022||0.241143|
|November 30, 2022||0.231633|
|December 4, 2022||0.221648|