GBP to AED exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to UAE dirhams. Get great foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Market Rate 4.4662
GBP/AED currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 4.4662 AED
Register in less than 5 minutes
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The United Arab Emirates dirham began circulation in 1973 and gets its name from the word ‘Drachmae’, which translates from Greek to English as ‘handful’.
- Currency Name: UAE dirham
- Currency Code: AED
- Currency Symbol: د.إ
- Central Bank: Central Bank of the U.A.E.
- Reserve Currency: The UAE Dirham is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The UAE Dirham is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: United Arab Emirates
- Major Unit: One UAE Dirham
- Minor Unit: One fil
- Fils per UAE Dirham: 100
- Note Denominations: 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 dirhams
- Coin Denominations: 5, 10 fils
Previous GBP to AED Exchange Rates
GBP to AED historical rates
|January 31, 2022||4.979128|
|February 28, 2022||4.972373|
|March 31, 2022||4.835211|
|April 30, 2022||4.751278|
|May 31, 2022||4.571029|
|June 30, 2022||4.524774|
|July 31, 2022||4.408084|
|August 31, 2022||4.397709|
|September 30, 2022||4.15932|
|October 31, 2022||4.14791|
|November 30, 2022||4.319412|
|December 7, 2022||4.498121|