Send money to India from Singapore
Transfer money to India with SGD using OFX and get great foreign currency exchange rates.
Market Rate 55.2008
Once OFX receives your funds, 80% of all major currency transfers are processed in 24 hours
Our global support team is available around the clock - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
20 years experience
We have more than 20 years experience helping our clients make global money transfers
How to send money to India from Singapore online?
- Gather the relevant banking information of your recipient including the name on the account and bank details.
- Create a free online account with OFX, or login to get a live quote for your money transfer.
- Enter your details and those of your recipient.
- You send the money to us, and we send it to your recipient.
It’s easy and affordable to send money to India using OFX. Even if you’re not ready to transfer funds today, you can sign up now, so your account is active and ready when a great exchange rate comes up.
When sending money to India keep in mind that different tax regulations may apply depending on many factors including:
- how the money is going to be used.
- how much you are sending.
- the source of the funds.
- if the money has been taxed elsewhere.
For example, for tax purposes, supporting family members by paying for living expenses can sometimes be considered different from sending large sums as a gift.
India money transfers - FAQs
Wondering how to send money to India? Use OFX to exchange your Singapore dollars for Indian rupees, because you’re too smart for your bank. Headquartered in Sydney, with offices around the world, we provide 24-hour access to our highly skilled transfer team.
Is there any limit on how much money I can send to India?
No, OFX works well for both businesses and individuals.
Does OFX transfer money to all banks in India?
OFX can transfer funds to almost any bank in India, including, but not limited to:
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- Punjab National Bank (SBI)
- ICICI Bank Limited
- Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- Citibank NA
- Power Finance Corporate Limited
- Canara Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank India
Our customer support team will be happy to assist and make sure we can facilitate your transfer to India
You can reach our dedicated customer service agents 24/7 (including weekends and most holidays). When others are closed, we’re open - we’re here for you.
When you use OFX, you’ll get fast, efficient service, and we’ll keep you informed of where your money is along the way. For all your overseas payments, OFX is simply smarter.
You may also like: