GBP to EUR exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to Euros. Get great foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Dec 3, 2023, 3:14 AM (CUT)
1 British pound sterling = 1.161325 euro
Inverse rate 0.861086
GBP/EUR currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 1.1611 EUR
Register in less than 5 minutes
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The euro (symbol: €; code: EUR) is the official currency of 19 of the 27 member states of the European Union.
- Currency Name: euro
- Currency Code: EUR
- Currency Symbol: €
- Central Bank: European Central Bank (ECB)
- Reserve Currency: The Euro is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Euro is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Netherlands, Greece, Belgium, Austria, Ireland, Malta, Slovenia, Latvia, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Estonia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Andorra, Finland, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Vatican City, Kosovo
- Major Unit: One Euro
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Euro: 100
- Note Denominations: €5, €10, €20, €50, €100
- Coin Denominations: 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, €1, €2
Previous GBP to EUR Exchange Rates
GBP to EUR historical rates
|January 31, 2023||1.134625|
|February 28, 2023||1.127298|
|March 31, 2023||1.13268|
|April 30, 2023||1.132459|
|May 31, 2023||1.146969|
|June 30, 2023||1.165184|
|July 31, 2023||1.165076|
|August 31, 2023||1.164095|
|September 30, 2023||1.159944|
|October 31, 2023||1.151867|
|November 30, 2023||1.148463|
|December 2, 2023||1.16617|