How To Make Your First Transfer with OFX – The 3 Simple Steps
Step 1 Create an account
- From the OFX homepage, our Currency Converter gives you the most recent exchange rates that a particular currency pair has experienced. The dropdowns underneath will show you how much you could save versus the bank, how soon the money will arrive and any applicable fees.
- Click ‘Get Started’ and enter your details to set up your account. Enter your information in the relevant fields. We may ask you for some personal details so we can verify your identity later.
- Once you’ve given us your details you’ll receive an email confirming your account has been created.
Step 2 Booking your first transfer
- Shortly after you register with us, you’ll receive a call from one our friendly payments experts. If you can’t talk, call us back when it suits you. Our payment experts are available 24/7 and always happy to take your call.
- During the call we’ll use the information you gave to verify your ID and get a better feel for your money transfer needs. We’ll also let you know if any additional information is needed. If not, we’ll confirm your account is active and ready for you to make your first transfer.
- Next, sign into your account and get a quote for the currency you wish to send. Input the recipient’s details and then confirm your transfer.
Step 3 Sending the money
- You’ll receive a final email from us to confirm your transfer along with a full list of payment options. This email will include a Customer Reference number and our bank account details for you to send the money to.
- Now, just log into your online banking account and make a domestic transfer to us along with your Client Reference number. In Australia, the majority of our customers BPAY their funds to us.
- Once you’ve transferred the funds, we’ll take it from there. We’ll let you know when the funds have been deposited into the recipient’s account. Congratulations, you’ve just completed your first transfer with OFX. Quick, simple and seamless.
Alternatively, see our Ways to Transfer for our range of options, including buy now, transfer later, setting a target rate and setting up regular transfers.
Have some questions? Please visit our FAQs for more information on making a transfer.