USD to GBP historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of US dollar to British pound exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
USD to GBP historical rates
|May 31, 2022||0.803636|
|June 30, 2022||0.811893|
|July 31, 2022||0.833314|
|August 31, 2022||0.835431|
|September 30, 2022||0.883745|
|October 5, 2022||0.888002|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
Ready to make a transfer? Sign up in less than 5 minutes.
- Currency name: United States dollar
- Currency code: USD
- Currency symbol: $, US$
- Countries used in: United States
- Major unit: One United States dollar
- Minor unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per United States dollar: 100
- Note denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
- Central bank: Federal Reserve
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the USA, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency name: British pound
- Currency code: GBP
- Currency symbol: £,
- Countries used in: UK
- Major unit: One British pound
- Minor unit: One penny
- Minor units (pennies) per British pound: 100
- Note denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
- Central bank: Bank of England