How to send money to India from the UK:
- Set up an OFX account and log in for live INR exchange rates quotes.
- Get your recipient’s name, address, and account number, their bank’s name and branch, the SWIFT code, and the IFSC (Indian Financial System Code).
- Enter banking details for yourself and your recipient.
- Choose ‘finalise transaction’ and track the transfer using the OFX app.
Our exchange rates to India are now even more competitive
Whether you need to send money to India from the UK for business or to support family back home, OFX can process your transfer 24/7, and you can save substantially on exchange rates when compared to other providers.
The benefits of using OFX for sending money to India from UK
Sending money online via the OFX website is a practical alternative to banks that charge excessive margins and fees. Unlike banks, at OFX, our live exchange rates are based on the Interbank Rate. This means that we can more easily adapt to the minute-by-minute changes in the foreign exchange market, and you can too.
Plus, when you use OFX, you won’t even need to leave the house to make a transfer, which means you’re in total control. And whenever it’s possible to do so, we send your funds via local banking networks in order to expedite your transfer for even faster service.
- There’s no limit on how much money you can send to India from the United Kingdom.
- You have the option of transferring your money to any bank within the NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) network in India.
- It will usually only take 3-5 business days for your money to reach your recipient in India.
- You could submit a simple one-time transfer, or you could set up recurring transfers to make sending money on a schedule effortless.
You can take advantage of several transfer options to make life easy. For example, you could use a forward contract to lock in your preferred exchange rate for up to 12 months. Or you could set up a Limit Order to be notified when your target exchange rate has been triggered.
Use the OFX mobile app for on-the-go transfers to India
After creating an OFX account, you can even transfer money while you’re on the go. By downloading the OFX mobile app, you’ll be able to make single transfers, track all of your transfers, keep a close eye on historical and live exchange rates, and receive push notifications for preferred rate alerts.
So go ahead and send that gift to family or friends abroad, start that new international business venture, or invest in that real estate you fell in love with during your holiday in Delhi. We’ll be here to help.
To learn more about the factors that influence the INR exchange rate, check out the exchange rates section of our site.
IMPORTANT: The contents of this blog do not constitute financial advice and are provided for general information purposes only without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any particular person. UKForex Limited (trading as “OFX”) and its affiliates make no recommendation as to the merits of any financial strategy or product referred to in the blog. OFX makes no warranty, express or implied, concerning the suitability, completeness, quality or exactness of the information and models provided in this blog.