What is a Money Transfer?
Rapid transfers are our most popular way to transfer. When you need to send or receive money right away, simply lock in our OFX customer rate, send us your funds, and let us do the rest.
Single transfers, or “Spot Deals” allow you to lock-in our great rate, send us your funds and let us do the rest. Whether you’re sending or receiving funds, we make it simple, swift and secure.
Locked-in OFX rates
Minimum transfer NZD 250
These are ideal for recurring transfers such as a monthly mortgage or quarterly school fees. Whatever your needs are, our recurring transfers are scheduled to ensure you’re on time, every time. Simply set up a transfer schedule and leave the rest to us.
Zero OFX fees & direct debit available
Minimum 4 transfers
Minimum transfer NZD 500
Ready to OFX it? Start your instant transfer now
We can help manage your personal and business foreign exchange risk with a variety of transfer options.
Set your target rate
Limit Orders allow you to set your target rate, 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. This ensures you don’t miss out if your target rate is reached overnight or while you’re out with family and friends. Once your target rate is triggered, we'll contact you to complete your transfer.
Minimum NZD 30,000 online
Minimum of NZD 10,000 over the phone
Valid up to 6 months
Ready to OFX it? Start your risk management transfer now
What is a single transfer?
Need to send money swiftly and securely right now? Our single transfer option may be right for you.
You can choose from 55 major and exotic currencies to transfer with. Select a currency pair and enter your transfer amount in our currency converter to start a single transfer today.
Also known as a “Spot Deal,” a single transfer means you can lock-in the current exchange rate and start sending your money to your recipient.
Legally you’re required to send your funds to us within 24 hours of locking-in the deal. Then we’ll send your funds to your recipient using our global network of bank accounts.
Can I lock-in a rate before I send you my funds?
Yes, you can lock-in a rate before you send us your funds. This is how it works:
- You lock-in a binding exchange rate and provide the recipient bank account details.
- Send us the currency you have sold.
- Once we’ve received your funds we’ll send the currency you’ve bought to your recipient.
How do I set up a recurring transfer?
It’s easy to set up a recurring transfer plan with us, so you never have to worry about your transfers getting made on time.
- Speak with one of our team members who will give you a quote for a recurring transfer plan.
- We’ll send you a Regular Transfers Form. Once this is signed and returned, you’re ready to lock-in your transfer plan.
- Once you accept the quote, you’re required to pay the first instalment and an advance payment (deposit), the amount of one instalment.
- We’ll transfer the agreed amount to your recipient’s account according to your transfer schedule.
- You can also set up Direct Debit or make regular Electronic Funds Transfers to us in order to ensure you never miss a transfer.
What are the different ways to transfer money?
Whether you’re making a personal or business transfer, we’ve got a way to transfer to suit your needs. So no matter where, when or what your transfer is for, OFX it.
If you want to make a one-off money transfer, our single transfer may be for you. If you’d like to make multiple transfers, perhaps for regular mortgage or business payments overseas, our recurring transfers will allow you to set up an automated transfer schedule.
Beyond our instant transfer options are Forward Exchange Contracts, Limit Orders and FX Options which help manage your transfer risk. These are suitable for larger transfer amounts and provide you with a degree of rate security with added flexibility to take advantage of the market.
Find out more about our ways to transfer.