USD to GBP exchange rates
Convert US dollars to British pounds sterling. Get great foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Market Rate 0.9160
USD/GBP currency chart: 1.00 USD = 0.916 GBP
Register in less than 5 minutes
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the USA, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency Name: US dollar
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Symbol: $ or US$
- Central Bank: Federal Reserve
- Reserve Currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: United States
- Major Unit: One United States dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per United States dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
Previous USD to GBP Exchange Rates
USD to GBP historical rates
|October 31, 2021||0.730862|
|November 30, 2021||0.743874|
|December 31, 2021||0.751445|
|January 31, 2022||0.737714|
|February 28, 2022||0.738713|
|March 31, 2022||0.759675|
|April 30, 2022||0.773244|
|May 31, 2022||0.803636|
|June 30, 2022||0.811893|
|July 31, 2022||0.833314|
|August 31, 2022||0.835431|
|September 23, 2022||0.87178|