GBP to USD exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to US dollars. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
GBP/USD currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 1.2053 USD
Read today's British pound currency update
Read the daily GBP update from the currency specialists at OFX and get the latest on market movements and today's expected ranges of the major currency pairs.
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the USA, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency Name: US dollar
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Symbol: $ or US$
- Central Bank: Federal Reserve
- Reserve Currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: United States
- Major Unit: One United States dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per United States dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
Previous GBP to USD Exchange Rates
GBP to USD historical rates
|September 30, 2022||1.132387|
|October 31, 2022||1.129284|
|November 30, 2022||1.17598|
|December 31, 2022||1.217523|
|January 31, 2023||1.223353|
|February 5, 2023||1.21489|