GBP to AUD exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to Australian dollars. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
GBP/AUD currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 1.8783 AUD
Read today's British pound currency update
Read the daily GBP update from the currency specialists at OFX and get the latest on market movements and today's expected ranges of the major currency pairs.
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The Australian dollar is the official currency of Australia, including its external territories: Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, and Norfolk Island. It is officially used as currency by three independent Pacific Island states: Kiribati, Nauru, and Tuvalu. It is legal tender in Australia.
- Currency Name: Australian dollar
- Currency Code: AUD
- Currency Symbol: $ or A$
- Central Bank: Reserve Bank of Australia
- Reserve Currency: The Australian dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Australian dollar is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Australia
- Major Unit: One Australian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Australian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2
Previous GBP to AUD Exchange Rates
GBP to AUD historical rates
|January 31, 2023||1.75985|
|February 28, 2023||1.752705|
|March 31, 2023||1.817924|
|April 30, 2023||1.862598|
|May 31, 2023||1.878937|
|June 5, 2023||1.886644|
Send money to over 170 countries
More GBP exchange rates
Looking to convert AUD to GBP?
With offices around the world, we're on-hand to answer questions 24/7
+44 207 614 4194
+44 207 614 4195
London Office Address
The White Chapel Building
10 Whitechapel High St, London