GBP to CAD exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to Canadian dollars. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
GBP/CAD currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 1.5583 CAD
Read today's British pound currency update
Read the daily GBP update from the currency specialists at OFX and get the latest on market movements and today's expected ranges of the major currency pairs.
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The Canadian dollar is the currency of Canada. It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or sometimes CA$, CAD$ or C$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies. It is divided into 100 cents.
- Currency Name: Canadian dollar
- Currency Code: CAD
- Currency Symbol: $ or C$, Can$, CA$ or CAD
- Central Bank: Bank of Canada
- Reserve Currency: The Canadian dollar is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Canadian dollar is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Canada
- Major Unit: One Canadian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Canadian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, $1, $2
Previous GBP to CAD Exchange Rates
GBP to CAD historical rates
|March 31, 2022||1.665921|
|April 30, 2022||1.634366|
|May 31, 2022||1.59878|
|June 30, 2022||1.578663|
|July 31, 2022||1.552227|
|August 10, 2022||1.56239|