GBP to USD exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to US dollars. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Nov 29, 2023, 2:42 AM (CUT)
1 British pound sterling = 1.272460 US dollar
Inverse rate 0.785879
GBP/USD currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 1.2707 USD
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the USA, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency Name: US dollar
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Symbol: $ or US$
- Central Bank: Federal Reserve
- Reserve Currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: United States
- Major Unit: One United States dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per United States dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
Previous GBP to USD Exchange Rates
GBP to USD historical rates
|December 31, 2022||1.217523|
|January 31, 2023||1.223353|
|February 28, 2023||1.206607|
|March 31, 2023||1.213382|
|April 30, 2023||1.244676|
|May 31, 2023||1.24771|
|June 30, 2023||1.263703|
|July 31, 2023||1.287503|
|August 31, 2023||1.270346|
|September 30, 2023||1.239228|
|October 31, 2023||1.216946|
|November 28, 2023||1.239748|