GBP to ZAR exchange rates
Convert British pounds sterling to South African rands. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Market Rate 19.8316
GBP/ZAR currency chart: 1.00 GBP = 19.8306 ZAR
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
- Currency Name: British pound sterling
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Pennies per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The rand (ZAR) arrived in 1961, the same year that South Africa became an official Republic. There are 100 cents to every rand, however the 1 and 2 cent coins have fallen out of use due to inflation.
- Currency Name: South African rand
- Currency Code: ZAR
- Currency Symbol: R
- Central Bank: South African Reserve Bank
- Reserve Currency: The South African Rand is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The South African Rand is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: South Africa
- Major Unit: One South African Rand
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per South African Rand: 100
- Note Denominations: R 10, R 20, R 50, R 100, R 200
- Coin Denominations: 10c, 20c, 50c, R 1, R 2, R 5
Previous GBP to ZAR Exchange Rates
GBP to ZAR historical rates
|September 30, 2021||20.018539|
|October 31, 2021||20.345717|
|November 30, 2021||20.906044|
|December 31, 2021||21.148343|
|January 31, 2022||20.997833|
|February 28, 2022||20.607726|
|March 31, 2022||19.702344|
|April 30, 2022||19.423845|
|May 31, 2022||19.788844|
|June 30, 2022||19.484856|
|July 31, 2022||20.18038|
|August 15, 2022||20.056453|