AED to ZAR exchange rates
Convert UAE dirhams to South African rands. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Market Rate 4.4065
AED/ZAR currency chart: 1.00 AED = 4.4067 ZAR
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The United Arab Emirates dirham began circulation in 1973 and gets its name from the word ‘Drachmae’, which translates from Greek to English as ‘handful’.
- Currency Name: UAE dirham
- Currency Code: AED
- Currency Symbol: د.إ
- Central Bank: Central Bank of the U.A.E.
- Reserve Currency: The UAE Dirham is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The UAE Dirham is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: United Arab Emirates
- Major Unit: One UAE Dirham
- Minor Unit: One fil
- Fils per UAE Dirham: 100
- Note Denominations: 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 dirhams
- Coin Denominations: 5, 10 fils
The rand (ZAR) arrived in 1961, the same year that South Africa became an official Republic. There are 100 cents to every rand, however the 1 and 2 cent coins have fallen out of use due to inflation.
- Currency Name: South African rand
- Currency Code: ZAR
- Currency Symbol: R
- Central Bank: South African Reserve Bank
- Reserve Currency: The South African Rand is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The South African Rand is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: South Africa
- Major Unit: One South African Rand
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per South African Rand: 100
- Note Denominations: R 10, R 20, R 50, R 100, R 200
- Coin Denominations: 10c, 20c, 50c, R 1, R 2, R 5
Previous AED to ZAR Exchange Rates
AED to ZAR historical rates
|September 30, 2021||3.965037|
|October 31, 2021||4.048157|
|November 30, 2021||4.234295|
|December 31, 2021||4.326573|
|January 31, 2022||4.217282|
|February 28, 2022||4.144537|
|March 31, 2022||4.074665|
|April 30, 2022||4.090065|
|May 31, 2022||4.330835|
|June 30, 2022||4.307073|
|July 31, 2022||4.57846|
|August 13, 2022||4.503035|