How to send money to India from USA
When you send money to India, you will need to provide your money transfer provider with the following details:
- The IFSC (Indian Financial System Code)
- The SWIFT code
- The account number of your recipient
- Bank name and branch
- The address of your recipient
Whether you need to send money to India from the United States for a wedding or to give a gift to loved ones, OFX makes the entire process painless. With a few clicks, you can securely and swiftly transfer any amount that you want, whenever you want.
When you transfer US dollars to India via OFX, we’ll take care of converting your currency into Indian rupees at a great exchange rate, and we’ll take care of submitting your payment to a bank within the NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) network.
You can rest easy knowing that your money will arrive at its destination safely, whether you’re sending your funds to Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Agra, Bangalore, or just about any other city or town in the country Read more about exchange rates to India here.
Transfers to India Are Convenient and Quick with OFX
To send money to India from the US, all you have to do is:
- Create an account, so you can let us know how much money you’d like to wire and where you’d like it to go.
- Send us your funds via a wire transfer from your bank, or set up an ACH direct debit.
- Once your transfer has been put through our system, it will typically take just 3-5 business days for it to reach your recipient. In the meantime, you can track your transfer every step of the way.
Make the smart move to OFX, and get more out of your international money transfers.