AUD exchange rates
Australian dollar exchange rates. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Sep 27, 2023, 11:38 PM (CUT)
1 US dollar = 1.575698 Australian dollar
Inverse rate 0.634639
USD/AUD currency chart: 1.00 USD = 1.5755 AUD
Read today’s Australian dollar currency update
Read the daily AUD update from the currency specialists at OFX and get the latest on market movements and today’s expected ranges of the major currency pairs.
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The Australian dollar is the official currency of Australia, including its external territories: Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, and Norfolk Island. It is officially used as currency by three independent Pacific Island states: Kiribati, Nauru, and Tuvalu. It is legal tender in Australia.
- Currency Name: Australian dollar
- Currency Code: AUD
- Currency Symbol: $ or A$
- Central Bank: Reserve Bank of Australia
- Reserve Currency: The Australian dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Australian dollar is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Australia
- Major Unit: One Australian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Australian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2
Previous USD to AUD Exchange Rates
USD to AUD historical rates
|April 30, 2023||1.496439|
|May 31, 2023||1.506057|
|June 30, 2023||1.488195|
|July 31, 2023||1.486158|
|August 31, 2023||1.543022|
|September 27, 2023||1.555678|