CAD exchange rates
Canadian dollar exchange rates. Get bank-beating foreign currency exchange rates with OFX.
Live rates as at Sep 21, 2023, 10:42 AM (CUT)
1 US dollar = 1.348310 Canadian dollar
Inverse rate 0.741669
USD/CAD currency chart: 1.00 USD = 1.3493 CAD
Read today's Canadian dollar currency update
Read the daily CAD update from the currency specialists at OFX and get the latest on market movements and today's expected ranges of the major currency pairs.
Register in less than 5 minutes
Why Choose OFX
The Canadian dollar is the currency of Canada. It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or sometimes CA$, CAD$ or C$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies. It is divided into 100 cents.
- Currency Name: Canadian dollar
- Currency Code: CAD
- Currency Symbol: $ or C$, Can$, CA$ or CAD
- Central Bank: Bank of Canada
- Reserve Currency: The Canadian dollar is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Canadian dollar is not considered a safe haven.
- Countries Used In: Canada
- Major Unit: One Canadian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Cents per Canadian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, $1, $2
Previous USD to CAD Exchange Rates
USD to CAD historical rates
|April 30, 2023||1.3521|
|May 31, 2023||1.352948|
|June 30, 2023||1.329172|
|July 31, 2023||1.322483|
|August 31, 2023||1.34841|
|September 21, 2023||1.356736|