Send Money to Liechtenstein
How to Send Money to Liechtenstein
- Gather the relevant banking information, including the name on the recipient’s bank account, the Swiss Interbank Clearing Number (SIC/euroSIC), the IBAN number, and the SWIFT/BIC code.
- Create a free online account with OFX, or login to get a live quote for your money transfer.
- Enter your details and those of your recipient.
- Choose ‘finalise transaction’ to process your payment.
It’s easy and affordable to send money to Liechtenstein using OFX. Even if you’re not ready to transfer funds today, you can sign up now, so your account is active and ready when a great exchange rate comes up.
When sending money to Liechtenstein, keep in mind that different tax regulations may apply to sending large sums of money overseas depending on many factors including:
- how the money is going to be used
- how much you are sending
- the source of the funds
- if the money has been taxed elsewhere
For example, supporting family members by paying for living expenses is usually considered different from sending large sums of money abroad as a gift. See our Guide to Sending Money to Family Abroad for more details.
How to send money to Liechtenstein at a great exchange rate
The primary currency in Liechtenstein is the Swiss Franc (CHF). When looking at exchange rates, it’s important to know that the value of the Swiss franc (CHF), which is considered a safe haven currency, may be influenced by the price of gold. Also, the Swiss National Bank continually re-evaluates whether or not the CHF should be pegged to the EUR to maintain reasonable trade balances within Europe. If you want to read up on the factors that influence other currencies, head over to the Exchange Rates section of our site.
Liechtenstein Money Transfers - FAQ
Wondering how to send money to Liechtenstein? We've got the smart, secure way to exchange your sterlings for Swiss francs. Headquartered in Sydney, with offices around the world, we provide 24-hour access to our highly skilled transfer team.
Is there any limit on how much money I can send to Liechtenstein?
No. OFX works well for both businesses and individuals.
Can I send money from a Liechtenstein bank account to the U.K?
Does OFX transfer money to all Liechtenstein banks?
OFX can transfer funds to any bank in Liechtenstein, including, but not limited to:
- Valartis Bank (Liechtenstein) AG
- Kaiser Partner Privatbank AG
- Efg Bank Von Ernst AG
- LGT Service Center Bendern
- Raiffeisen Privatbank Liechtenstein AG
- Bank Frick & Co. AG
- LGT Financial Services AG
You can reach our dedicated customer service agents 24/7 (including weekends and most holidays). When others are closed, we’re open. Need a quote? Need it ASAP? Need to talk to someone about your mother? We’re here for you.
When you use OFX, you’ll get fast, efficient service, and we’ll keep you informed of where your money is along the way. For all your overseas payments, OFX is simply smarter.
How can OFX help you manage GBP/CHF exchange rate swings?