How to Send Money to Family Abroad
- Collect the banking information of your recipient including the name on the account, bank account number and relevant local banking codes.
- Check any tax thresholds or regulations that may apply to sending large sums.
- Compare fees, margins, delivery times, customer service and risk management options between money transfer services. Use OFX to get better exchange rates than the banks offer.
- Create an online account by submitting some basic personal information. You may need to provide additional verification documents, if you’ve moved recently, or if our electronic verification system cannot automatically confirm your identity.
- Request a quote based on the live exchange rate. Accept the quote, and enter your recipient’s details.
- Select ‘finalize transaction’ to send your money using our expedited global by local system.