USD to GBP historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of US dollar to British pound exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
USD to GBP historical rates
|April 30, 2023||0.803439|
|May 31, 2023||0.801519|
|June 30, 2023||0.791409|
|July 31, 2023||0.776758|
|August 31, 2023||0.787203|
|September 21, 2023||0.801805|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
"*" indicates required fields
Ready to make a transfer? Sign up in less than 5 minutes.
- Currency Name: United States dollar
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Symbol: $, US$
- Central Bank: Federal Reserve
- Reserve Currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries Used In: United States
- Major Unit: One United States dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per United States dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin Denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
- Currency name: British pound
- Currency code: GBP
- Currency symbol: £,
- Central bank: Bank of England
- Reserve currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries used in: UK
- Major unit: One British pound
- Minor unit: One penny
- Minor units (pennies) per British pound: 100
- Note denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5