GBP to EUR historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of British pound to euro exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
GBP to EUR historical rates
|June 30, 2021||1.164137|
|July 31, 2021||1.167977|
|August 31, 2021||1.172143|
|September 30, 2021||1.167634|
|October 31, 2021||1.18005|
|November 26, 2021||1.179717|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
Ready to make a transfer?
Register in less than five minutes.
- Currency Name: British pound
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £,
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries Used In: UK
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Minor units (pennies) per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The euro (symbol: €; code: EUR) is the official currency of 19 of the 27 member states of the European Union.
- Currency Name: Euro
- Currency Code: EUR
- Currency Symbol: €,
- Central Bank: European Central Bank (ECB)
- Reserve Currency: The Euro is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Euro is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries Used In: Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Netherlands, Greece, Belgium, Austria, Ireland, Malta, Slovenia, Latvia, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Estonia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Andorra, Finland, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Vatican City, Kosovo
- Major Unit: One Euro
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per Euro: 100
- Note Denominations: €5, €10, €20, €50, €100
- Coin Denominations: 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, €1, €2