GBP to AUD historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of British pound to Australian dollar exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
GBP to AUD historical rates
|May 31, 2021||1.812249|
|June 30, 2021||1.834947|
|July 31, 2021||1.860533|
|August 31, 2021||1.889362|
|September 30, 2021||1.877494|
|October 22, 2021||1.8561|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
Ready to make a transfer?
Register in less than five minutes.
- Currency Name: British pound
- Currency Code: GBP
- Currency Symbol: £,
- Central Bank: Bank of England
- Reserve Currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries Used In: United Kingdom
- Major Unit: One British pound
- Minor Unit: One penny
- Minor units (pennies) per British pound: 100
- Note Denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin Denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The Australian dollar is the official currency of Australia, including its external territories: Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, and Norfolk Island. It is officially used as currency by three independent Pacific Island states: Kiribati, Nauru, and Tuvalu. It is legal tender in Australia.
- Currency Name: Australian dollar
- Currency Code: AUD
- Currency Symbol: $, A$
- Central Bank: Reserve Bank of Australia
- Reserve Currency: The Australian dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe Haven: The Australian dollar is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Countries Used In: Australia
- Major Unit: One Australian dollar
- Minor Unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per Australian dollar: 100
- Note Denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50
- Coin Denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2