USD to JPY historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of US dollar to Japanese yen exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
USD to JPY historical rates
|March 31, 2022||118.634966|
|April 30, 2022||126.392207|
|May 31, 2022||128.808339|
|June 30, 2022||133.992183|
|July 31, 2022||136.42171|
|August 8, 2022||133.89|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
Ready to make a transfer?
Register in less than five minutes.
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the USA, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency name: United States dollar
- Currency code: USD
- Currency symbol: $, US$
- Countries used in: United States
- Central bank: Federal Reserve
- Central bank website: https://www.federalreserve.gov/
- Reserve currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven currency.
- Major unit: One United States dollar
- Minor unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per United States dollar: 100
- Note denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1
- Currency name: Japanese Yen
- Currency code: JPY
- Currency symbol: ¥, 円, 圓
- Countries used in: Japan
- Central bank: Bank of Japan
- Central bank website: https://www.boj.or.jp/en/index.htm/
- Reserve currency: The Japanese Yen is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The Japanese Yen is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Major unit: One Japanese Yen
- Minor unit: One sen
- Minor units (sen) per Japanese Yen: 100
- Note denominations: 1000, 2000, 5000, 100000
- Coin denominations: JP¥1, JP¥5, JP¥10, JP¥50, JP¥100, JP¥500