GBP to AUD historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of British pound to Australian dollar exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
GBP to AUD historical rates
|July 31, 2023||1.9133|
|August 31, 2023||1.960128|
|September 30, 2023||1.928466|
|October 31, 2023||1.918102|
|November 30, 2023||1.911872|
|December 9, 2023||1.909439|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
"*" indicates required fields
Ready to make a transfer? Sign up in less than 5 minutes.
- Currency name: British pound
- Currency code: GBP
- Currency symbol: £,
- Countries used in: UK
- Central bank: Bank of England
- Central bank website: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/
- Reserve currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Major unit: One British pound
- Minor unit: One penny
- Minor units (pennies) per British pound: 100
- Note denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
- Currency name: Australian dollar
- Currency code: AUD
- Currency symbol: $, A$
- Countries used in: Australia
- Central bank: Reserve Bank of Australia
- Central bank website: https://www.rba.gov.au/
- Reserve currency: The Australian dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The Australian dollar is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Major unit: One Australian dollar
- Minor unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per Australian dollar: 100
- Note denominations: $5, $10, $20, $50
- Coin denominations: 5¢, 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2
The Australian dollar is the official currency of Australia, including its external territories: Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, and Norfolk Island. It is officially used as currency by three independent Pacific Island states: Kiribati, Nauru, and Tuvalu. It is legal tender in Australia.