GBP to USD historical exchange rates
Get access to 20+ years of British pound to US dollar exchange rates, broken down by daily, monthly & yearly periods.
GBP to USD historical rates
|March 31, 2022||1.316405|
|April 30, 2022||1.293555|
|May 31, 2022||1.244484|
|June 30, 2022||1.231882|
|July 31, 2022||1.200109|
|August 16, 2022||1.213802|
Subscribe to currency updates and tips from our OFXperts
We monitor global events and FX markets day and night, so you don’t have to.
Ready to make a transfer?
Register in less than five minutes.
- Currency name: British pound
- Currency code: GBP
- Currency symbol: £,
- Countries used in: UK
- Central bank: Bank of England
- Central bank website: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/
- Reserve currency: The British pound is not considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The British pound is not considered a safe haven currency.
- Major unit: One British pound
- Minor unit: One penny
- Minor units (pennies) per British pound: 100
- Note denominations: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Coin denominations: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p, 50p. £1, £2, £5
The United States dollar (symbol: $; code: USD; also abbreviated US$ or U.S. Dollar, also referred to as American dollar, or informally known as the 'buck') is the official currency for the USA, Ecuador, El Salvador, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and East Timor.
- Currency name: United States dollar
- Currency code: USD
- Currency symbol: $, US$
- Countries used in: United States
- Central bank: Federal Reserve
- Central bank website: https://www.federalreserve.gov/
- Reserve currency: The United States dollar is considered a reserve currency.
- Safe haven: The United States dollar is considered a safe haven currency.
- Major unit: One United States dollar
- Minor unit: One cent
- Minor units (cents) per United States dollar: 100
- Note denominations: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
- Coin denominations: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1