We Are Fully Regulated
OFX is regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 521566) for the provision of payment services. Firms authorised by the FCA for the provision of payment services are required to;
- segregate client accounts in accordance with FCA rules on the safeguarding of client funds.
- maintain a defined level of regulatory capital at all times
- apply stringent governance and risk management procedures throughout the business
- You should not deal with a foreign exchange provider that cannot demonstrate they are fully regulated.
You learn more about the regulatory environment in the United Kingdom and what it means for your protection and consumer rights on the FCA website.
Money Laundering regulations
In the United Kingdom under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007, commercial foreign exchange companies are treated as "Money Service Businesses" which are covered by regulations administered by HM Revenue & Customs. OFX Limited holds a certificate of registration for Money Laundering Regulation (MLR). Registration number: 12219180.
OFX is also part of a Global and Listed Company
OFX is part of the OFX Group, which provides foreign exchange services to thousands of customers across 6 continents. The OzForex Group is a publicly listed entity with shares traded on the Australian Securities Exchange under the code "OFX".
- 460,000 fund transfers last year
- AUD$9.1 billion in foreign exchange transactions last year
- Over 170 staff and offices in Toronto, San Francisco, London, Sydney, Hong Kong and Auckland.