Planning your Destination Wedding? What to Consider Before the Big Day
Overseas weddings are truly a dream come true. Whether white sandy beaches, stunning cliffs or backdrops on an awe-inspiring lakeside, the bride, groom and guests are bound be part of a very memorable occasion.
But along with an ambitious overseas wedding comes the need for advanced planning. At OFX, we help to ensure that your wedding comes together as smoothly as possible and that all payments to your wedding suppliers are handled with the greatest care.
By sending over 50 currencies to 190 countries worldwide, we cater for a wide range of wedding destinations, giving you peace of mind on your perfect day. At OFX, we have assembled a list of key things to consider when tying the knot abroad. After all, you can never be too prepared when it comes to your big day.
- Fiji is very popular for destination weddings. Denarau Island, Coral Coast, Mamanuca Islands and Nadi are ideal for those with wedding plans. If you haven’t decided on the location yet, don’t cross these off of your list until you’ve looked into it, says EventsFiji.co; a popular supplier of pre-wedding entertainment.
- When it comes to getting value for money without cutting corners, EventsFiji have some idea useful ideas, including:
a. Booking in advance: Most weddings are planned in advance, but make sure you also book as far ahead as possible. If you book too late your ideal date, location, catering may be taken, leaving you to either compromise or pay more.
b. Negotiating: Consider everything negotiable when collecting prices online and over the phone. Remember, nobody wants to disappoint a happy couple, so be sure to ask the best price they can offer you.
c. Considering distance: Overseas weddings will drastically reduce your headcount, meaning you can spend more money on making it as special as can be. The dedicated friends and family will still make the trip, leaving the rest in envy at the stories and photos.
d. Saving on your payments: Using a reputable foreign exchange service will help you save on your transfers when compared to your bank. At OFX, we have a dedicated team of money transfer specialists available 24/7 to walk you through the transfer so you can get the most out of your money towards your big day.
- Some people are extremely hands on and may dismiss the idea of hiring a wedding planner. When considering the special occasion, the people attending, and the foreign customs, it’s rarely worth the risk of things going wrong. It’s worth taking on a planner who has local knowledge, even if you decide to share some responsibilities.
- If you’re going for an authentic wedding in a remote part of the country, consider any potential language barriers and misunderstandings that may occur. Have someone talk you through any business or marriage customs that you might not be familiar with.
- If you’re heading to an exotic climate, be sure to get any recommended medical jabs and health check-ups. There are few things worse than being unwell on your wedding day or having to postpone due to sickness.
- EventsFiji.co organise trips and events for marriage proposals, hen and buck parties and more. If your pre-wedding parties are still up in the air you can enjoy spas, pamper sessions, and special experiences for the hens, and quad biking, fishing, and golf for the bucks. Take a look at their full range of activities on their website.
- A huge part of wedding planning is keeping costs down. With all the rushing around, arranging and negotiating to be done, you’ll barely have time to sit down. Download our Forex Money Transfer app on iOS and Android to make payments on the go. It’s fast, it’s free, and it’s at your service
Over 300,000 people from all around the world have used our money-saving transfer services to avoid the high fees of major banks. With our competitive rates and fee-free transfers on amounts over AUD$10,000*, we can help make the happy couple even happier on the day.
When every detail matters, OFX it.
*Occasionally, third-party banks may deduct a fee from your transfer before paying your recipient. This fee may vary, and OFX receives no portion of it.