Stay up-to-date with the latest online security and safety information
May 2015If you have received an email purporting to be from OzForex that you believe may be a hoax, you should delete it immediately without responding. If in doubt please report the email and notify OzForex by sending the email (as an attachment, if possible) to email@example.com
An example of a hoax email is below:
Password for your OzForex ID firstname.lastname@example.org has been successfully reset.
If these changes were made in error, or if you believe an unauthorised person accessed your account, please reset your account password immediately by going to iforgot.OzForex.com.au. To review and update your security settings, sign in to OzForex.com.au.
This is an automated message. Please do not reply to this email. If you need additional help, please visit OzForex Support.
Thanks, OzForex Customer Support
July 2015The email directs recipients to click on a link or open an attached document.
Do not click on the link or open the attachment.
An example of a hoax email is below:
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: International Transfer Number: 2MC11061AS. Amount: 4076.99 AUD
Important notice for email@example.com
International Transfer: 2MC1521461AS
Amount: 4076.99 AUD
Please review the doc file attached here to see more info about this transfer.
If you receive this email, report it by sending the email (as an attachment, if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply delete it.
If you have received an email of this type and have responded to it, please contact us immediately on 1300 300 424.
OFX is a smarter way to transfer. We offer:
- Better-than-bank exchange rates – for both personal and business transfers, we regularly save customers thousands of dollars, and for bigger transfers, the savings can run into the tens of thousands. Why are the bank rates so bad? You would have to ask them.
- 24/7 customer service – we have 24-hour dedicated expert service and the latest technology that in most cases enables our customers to start a transfer instantly.
- 55 currencies (and counting) – you can make a transfer with all the major currencies along with a wide variety of exotics to over 190 countries.
- A trusted global network – we have an extensive, highly regulated global network of bank accounts (115 to be exact) that allows for swift and safe transfers. We have more than 300,000 customers worldwide, transferred over $100 billion and are ASX listed.
- A range of fast and secure ways to transfer – a key OFX difference is that we allow you to lock-in exchange rates before you transfer money. OFX also offers Limit Orders so you can take advantage of favourable market movements, even when you sleep!
- Specialised business and risk management transfer options – for business customers we also offer our great rates and no OFX fees. We provide a range of options to help our customers manage foreign exchange risk.
More than 300,000 customers trust in our licences, regulation and global network of 115 bank accounts to safeguard their international transfers.
Our history of safe and secure transfers, totalling to more than $84 billion.
We’re an internationally-recognised provider of online money transfers for both personal and business customers. Our transfer platform also powers the international money transfer services of Travelex, ING Direct and Macquarie International Money Transfers among others.
The way we make transfers means that we never send the funds to your recipient without receiving the funds from you first. This ensures that we have an extremely low default risk when it comes to our transfers.
Typically, we verify your identity electronically and pretty quickly. However, sometimes we’ll need to get some documents from you.
If you’ve sent us documents, we’ll try to respond back to you within a few business days after we receive them.
If it’s taking longer than this, and you need to make a transfer, please get in touch.
A driver's licence can be used as either photo identification or as a proof of address however not as both.
Generally, we require two different forms of identification. We accept a number of identification documents such as a passport or utility bill, however our friendly customer service team will be let you know exactly what we need when you register.