To send money to India from the US:
- Set up an OFX account and login to get a live INR exchange rate.
- Gather your recipient’s name, address, and account number, their bank’s name and branch, the SWIFT code, and the IFSC (Indian Financial System Code).
- Enter your banking details and those of your recipient.
- Choose ‘finalise transaction’ and track your payment from our mobile app.
Our exchange rates to India are now even more competitive
Whether you need to send money to India from the US for business or to support family back home, OFX gives you reliable 24/7 service at competitive exchange rates
The Benefits of Using OFX for Sending Money to India from US
OFX helps you save money on international transfers, providing a practical alternative to banks, while giving you the power to make your transfers from the comfort of your own home 24/7.
Unlike banks, OFX adapts to the minute-by-minute changes in the foreign exchange market, following the Interbank Rate. Whenever possible, we transfer your money via local banking networks in order to expedite your transfer.
- There is no limit on how much you can send
- You can transfer your money to any bank within the NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) network throughout India
- It typically only takes about 3-5 business days to get your money to your recipient
- You can lock in your preferred exchange rate for up to 12 months with a Forward Contract.
You could make a single transfer or setup recurring transfers
So go ahead and send that gift abroad, or invest in that real estate you fell in love with during your vacation in Delhi. We’ll be here to help.
Learn more about the factors that influence the INR exchange rate.
IMPORTANT: The contents of this blog do not constitute financial advice and are provided for general information purposes only without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any particular person. UKForex Limited (trading as “OFX”) and its affiliates make no recommendation as to the merits of any financial strategy or product referred to in the blog. OFX makes no warranty, express or implied, concerning the suitability, completeness, quality or exactness of the information and models provided in this blog.