Send Money to Macedonia
How to Send Money to Macedonia
- Gather the relevant banking information, including the name on the recipient’s bank account, the IBAN number, and the SWIFT/BIC code.
- Create a free online account with OFX, or login to get a live quote for your money transfer.
- Enter your details and those of your recipient.
- Choose ‘finalize transaction’ to process your payment.
It’s easy and affordable to send money to Macedonia using OFX. Even if you’re not ready to transfer funds today, you can sign up now, so your account is active and ready when a great exchange rate comes up.
When sending money to Macedonia, keep in mind that different tax regulations may apply to sending large sums of money overseas depending on many factors including:
- how the money is going to be used
- how much you are sending
- the source of the funds
- if the money has been taxed elsewhere
For example, supporting family members by paying for living expenses is usually considered different from sending large sums of money abroad as a gift. See our Guide to Sending Money to Family Abroad for more details.
How to send money to Macedonia at a great exchange rate
When looking at exchange rates, it’s important to know that the value of the denar (MKD) may be influenced by the value of the euro, as the National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia targets the nominal exchange rate against the EUR. If you want to read up on the factors that influence other currencies, head over to the Exchange Rates section of our site.
Macedonia Money Transfers - FAQ
Wondering how to send money to Macedonia? We've got the smart, secure way to exchange your Canadian dollars for denar. Headquartered in Sydney, with offices around the world, we provide 24-hour access to our highly skilled transfer team.
Is there any limit on how much money I can send to Macedonia?
No. OFX works well for both businesses and individuals.
Can I send money from a Macedonian bank account to Canada?
Does OFX transfer money to all Macedonian banks?
OFX can transfer funds to any bank in Macedonia, including, but not limited to:
- Eurostandard Bank
- National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia
- Skopje, Macedonia (FYROM)
- Pro Credit Bank Macedonia
- Komercijalna Banka AD Skopje
- Obleshevo, Macedonia (FYROM)
- Macedonian Bank for Development Promotion ad Skopje
- Pro Credit Bank
You can reach our dedicated customer service agents 24/7 (including weekends and most holidays). When others are closed, we’re open. Need a quote? Need it ASAP? Need to talk to someone about your mother? We’re here for you.
When you use OFX, you’ll get fast, efficient service, and we’ll keep you informed of where your money is along the way. For all your overseas payments, OFX is simply smarter.
How can OFX help you manage CAD/MKD exchange rate swings?
Check out our risk management strategies and stay in control of your money.